Account, All Quotes

100+ Account Quotes & Sayings

Account means in general a record or statement of financial expenditure and receipts relating to a particular period or purpose. There is more that also defines account. Account also defines to consider or regard in a specified way. This is a collection of 100+ account quotes and sayings.




Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes. - Jawaharlal Nehru

Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments. - Bethenny Frankel

It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be. - Isaac Asimov

One who is injured ought not to return the injury, for on no account can it be right to do an injustice; and it is not right to return an injury, or to do evil to any man, however much we have suffered from him. - Socrates

Now we have so many more social outlets, so many ways to be stalked and bullied. If social media is too much for you to handle, then don't have a Twitter or Facebook account. Just be yourself. Be who you want to be. - Khloe Kardashian

However much we may sympathize with a small nation confronted by a big and powerful neighbours, we cannot in all circumstances undertake to involve the whole British Empire in a war simply on her account. - Neville Chamberlain

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Influence is like a savings account. The less you use it, the more you've got. - Andrew Young

Ability is of little account without opportunity. - Lucille BallRead

We all identify with the people we see, and in a good documentary, we are not just reading an account of the world, we're seeing and hearing our world. - Joshua Oppenheimer

There's so little money in my bank account, my scenic checks show a ghetto. - Phyllis Diller

This may sound a little bit idealistic, but when I go to my blog, my Facebook page, my Twitter account, I talk to different people from all over the world, and you see how it's easy to establish a dialogue. - Paulo Coelho

We never can tell how our lives may work to the account of the general good, and we are not wise enough to know if we have fulfilled our mission or not. - Ellen Swallow Richards

I hope that no American will waste his franchise and throw away his vote by voting either for me or against me solely on account of my religious affiliation. It is not relevant. - John F. Kennedy

Music is made one of Satan's most attractive agencies to ensnare souls; but, when turned to a good account, it is a blessing. When abused, it leads the unconsecrated to pride, vanity, and folly. - Ellen G. White

Even in a less exaggerated description, any verbal account of a person is bound to find itself employing an assortment of waterfalls, lightning rods, landscapes, birds, etc. - Sergei Eisenstein

Going home must be like going to render an account. - Joseph Conrad

Privacy is a vast subject. Also, remember that privacy and convenience is always a trade-off. When you open a bank account and want to borrow some money, and you want to get a very cheap loan, you'll share all details of your assets because you want them to give you a low interest rate. - Nandan Nilekani

It's really amazing that in the age of unbelief, as a smart man called it, there isn't even more fraud. After all, with no God, there's no one to ever call you to account, and no accounting at all if you can get away with it. - Ben Stein

History is an account, mostly false, of events, mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers, mostly knaves, and soldiers, mostly fools. - Ambrose Bierce

Being fashionable does not mean you have to drain your bank account. - Brad Goreski

You may be basing a portion of your self-worth on your bank account without even realizing it. Try to pinpoint the activities and qualities that, free of charge, fulfill you. - Jean Chatzky

Social security, bank account, and credit card numbers aren't just data. In the wrong hands they can wipe out someone's life savings, wreck their credit and cause financial ruin. - Melissa Bean

The advantage of online banking is that you can pay bills superfast, and your account is automatically credited or debited for each deposit and payment, making it easier to stay on track. - Suze Orman

I hate writing about personal stuff. I don't have a Facebook page. I don't use my Twitter account. I am familiar with both, but I don't use them. - Elon Musk

I started LearnVest with a tiny savings account where I paid designers, technologists, and even bartered... Because I started with paying for things myself with my own savings, it sharpened my focus of how to spend money. - Alexa Von Tobel

Art need no longer be an account of past sensations. It can become the direct organization of more highly evolved sensations. It is a question of producing ourselves, not things that enslave us. - Angela Carter

I never use debit cards. I only use credit cards. This way, if someone does get my account number... and charges $1 million, by federal law, my liability is zero. - Frank Abagnale

I believe that evolution is a true account of nature, but I think we should try to escape it or transcend it in our society. - Peter Thiel

Going through chemo is like investing money in a retirement account. You feel the hit right now, but later in life you get to reap the benefits - by still being alive. - Regina Brett

Companies spend millions of dollars on firewalls, encryption, and secure access devices and it's money wasted because none of these measures address the weakest link in the security chain: the people who use, administer, operate and account for computer systems that contain protected information. - Kevin Mitnick

If you write nonfiction, a historical account of what really happened, first of all, it's always white men who do that, and you don't have the voices that are really interesting to me, of the people who are not sheltered by the big umbrella of the establishment. - Isabel Allende

The supreme satisfaction is to be able to despise one's neighbor and this fact goes far to account for religious intolerance. It is evidently consoling to reflect that the people next door are headed for hell. - Aleister Crowley

I trust online banking. You know why? Because if somebody hacks into my account and defrauds my credit card company, or my online bank account, guess who takes the loss? The bank, not me. - Kevin Mitnick

For this purpose I determined to keep an account of the voyage, and to write down punctually every thing we performed or saw from day to day, as will hereafter appear. - Christopher Columbus

The day cold and fair with a high easterly wind: we were visited by two Indians who gave us an account of the country and people near the Rocky mountains where they had been. - Meriwether Lewis

A cardinal rule in budgeting and saving is to pay yourself first. Once your paycheck hits your account, wisdom has it that you should move some amount to savings even before you pay the bills. - John Rampton

If you spend your life competing with business men, what do you have? A bank account and ulcers! - Marilyn Monroe

A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion. - Mahatma Gandhi

I am not in the stock market. I am beholden to no one in what I do. If I spend billions on a fashion show, I spend billions. It's not public. And if I am in the stock market, I am obligated to account for things, and to show what the business is doing. - Giorgio Armani

The human wish to credit good things as miraculous and to charge bad things to another account is apparently universal. - Christopher Hitchens

I believe in international justice. I believe it's important that you don't just turn the page without people being held to account. - Amal Clooney

I'm letting no man handle my bank account. - Hattie McDaniel

Money is just a low priority for me. I'm more interested in good work than a big bank account. - John Lithgow

A soul which gives itself to prayer, either much or little, should on no account be kept within narrow bounds. - Saint Teresa of Avila

Never - no, not for one moment - believe that any human being, with sense in his skull, will love or respect you on account of your fine or costly clothes. - William Cobbett

Tradition means taking account of a wonderful history but remembering that everybody today looks to the future. - Michael Kadoorie

One way to make health care more affordable is a Flexible Savings Account that allows families to save tax free money to pay for medical bills. - Marco Rubio

Everyone thinks that I have an Instagram account for my dog, but I did not make that. It's a fan! - Chrissy Teigen

Cash flow is a problem for a small and developing company, and the lack of it is the reason why many small businesses fail. Ensure that you have enough money in your bank account to make you able to carry out daily basic needs for your business. - Fabrizio Moreira

In order to more fully understand this reality, we must take into account other dimensions of a broader reality. - John Archibald Wheeler

The real metric of success isn't the size of your bank account. It's the number of lives in whom you might be able to make a positive difference. - Naveen Jain

Found everybody in a terrible state of excitement on account of the enemy's advance upon this place. - John Buford

As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. - Benjamin Franklin

All that seems indispensable in stating the account between the dead and the living, is to see that the debts against the latter do not exceed the advances made by the former. - James Madison

On no account should you entertain being a victim of your own circumstances. When unexpected failure occurs, you can turn it into success. - Israelmore Ayivor

Success is not how many zeroes your bank account has. It's about making the most of the life you have. - Suze Orman

Hacks and attacks happen. Safety Netiquette helps. Periodic account reconciliation is required. Check. - David Chiles

I never could get on with representative individuals but people who existed on their own account and with whom it might therefore be possible to be friends. - E. M. Forster

I actually love Twitter and Instagram. I do think it's so strange to think that 20 years ago, people would never have known personal stuff about musicians and actors, but I like it. As long as I don't obsessively overshare, it's OK. And when I do overshare, it's just, like, me saying, 'I've got $7 in my bank account!' - Lorde

There is certainly a role for regulation, but regulation should always take into account the impact that it has on markets, a balance that must be constantly weighed. - Jerome Powell

I'm banking on my ERA (Eternal retirement account) more than my IRA! Do you have an ERA? - Evinda Lepins

It used to be that you needed a $500-million-a-year company in order to reach a worldwide audience of consumers. Now, all you need is a Steam account. That changes a whole bunch of stuff. It's kind of a boring 'gee, information processing changes a stuff' story, but it's going to have an impact on every single company. - Gabe Newell

I am actually on Facebook, but I only have one friend. It's a private account, and I have one friend. Mark Zuckerberg. - Andy Samberg

Genius is rarely able to give any account of its own processes. - George Henry Lewes

If there's not enough money in the bank account, you don't spend it. - Charles Schwab

Nowadays I'm not even sure if newspapers take into account whether a person is a good writer. - Bob Schieffer

We are inhibited from aggression by the presence of another face, another person. We're aware that we're with a human being. On the Internet, we are disinhibited from taking into full account that we are in the presence of another human being. - Sherry Turkle

In the account book of the Great War the page recording the Russian losses has been ripped out. The figures are unknown. Five millions, or eight? We ourselves know not. - Paul von Hindenburg

Typically, your corporate e-mail account is not, today, that spam-targeted. It's more the free e-mail accounts that are spam-targeted. - Bill Gates

Before the 1970s, banks were banks. They did what banks were supposed to do in a state capitalist economy: they took unused funds from your bank account, for example, and transferred them to some potentially useful purpose like helping a family buy a home or send a kid to college. - Noam Chomsky

It turns out that Donald Trump has been very good at buying low and selling high, and it helps account for his amazing business success. - Lawrence Kudlow

The gift of loneliness is sometimes a radical vision of society or one's people that has not previously been taken into account. - Alice Walker

Genealogy, n. An account of one's descent from a man who did not particularly care to trace his own. - Ambrose Bierce

Rather than saying, 'My checking account is a wreck,' change it to 'I will learn how to track my spending and balance my checkbook.' - Suze Orman

Let us account for all we see by the facts we know. If there are things for which we cannot account, let us wait for light. - Robert Green Ingersoll

Working hard to earn more money and then giving it away in higher taxes isn't financially intelligent, even if you do put some of it into a retirement account. - Robert kiyosaki

Look at history. It's not the account of a species at peace. - Salman Rushdie

We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account. - James Comey

The banks have accounts with the Fed, much the same way that you have an account in a commercial bank. - Ben Bernanke

Now it is clear, that if the government can exclude, on account either of their opinions or feelings, any persons thus drawn by lot, the trial is no longer a trial by 'the country,' but only by a portion of the country. - Lysander Spooner

Among other objectives, liquidity guidelines must take into account the risks that inadequate liquidity planning by major financial firms pose for the broader financial system, and they must ensure that these firms do not become excessively reliant on liquidity support from the central bank. - Ben Bernanke

It is important to take into account the total power cost borne by consumers after taking into account what they spend on inverters and gensets. - Piyush Goyal

Think of Bitcoin as a bank account in the cloud, and it's completely decentralized: not the Swiss government, not the American government. It's all the participants in the network enforcing. - Naval Ravikant

There is a Twitter account apparently dedicated to my brows. I do not Tweet on it, but... they talk about who they've seen today. - Lily Collins

If a person lies to you about what's in their bank account, they'll lie to you about other things as well. - Christie Brinkley

No agency is better than its account executives. - Samuel Goldwyn

First I opened a check account. I looked at the - I looked that there was nothing of yield. So I bought some bonds. It was a bond. When I bought this bond, it was duplicated in 10 years. I think it was 10 percent. - Carlos Slim

The employee is regarded by the employer merely in the light of his value as an operative. His productive capacity alone is taken into account. - Leland Stanford

Weak passwords are a crook's best friend. Make yours long and complex, and change them often - not just on your bank account but on your email and social media, too. - Jean Chatzky

I don't have a bank account because I don't know my mother's maiden name. - Paula Poundstone

Sometimes, if a country's currency is overvalued in real terms, and it looks like the current account is going to be in deficit for the foreseeable future, devaluation can make sense. - Klaus Schwab

We are not inferring design to account for a black box, but to account for an open box. - Michael Behe

When I booked 'This Is Us,' I had 81 cents in my bank account. - Chrissy Metz

I'm constantly maxing out my Gmail account, and that is hard to do. - Rachel Sklar

Only the one who has the understanding of time will be ready to give an account to the Lord for what He did on this earth. - Sunday Adelaja

I'm 36, but I still feel like a punk kid with $200 in my savings account. - Steve Aoki

Always protect yourself. Every woman, no matter what her age, romantic or marital status, should have a bank account in her own name. - Sarah Ban Breathnach

All my money is in a savings account. My dad has explained the stock market to me maybe 75 times. I still don't understand it. - John Mulaney

The courts cannot garnish a father's salary, nor freeze his account, nor seize his property on behalf of his children, in our society. Apparently this is because a kid is not a car or a couch or a boat. - June Jordan

The government's instinct is to shroud itself in secrecy - to act like the office of a president instead of as a collective cabinet government held to account by the elected House of Commons. - Charles Kennedy

For as little as a thousand dollars, you can open an account at Schwab. I mean, it's not a big barrier to entry. - Charles Schwab

People need to be able to read what their rights are, to be able to participate and hold their governments to account. - Sadiq Khan

I do have a Twitter account, and there's a woman at my agency who got that all set up for me. I don't know how many followers I have. It's not one of those things I check on a regular basis. - Christian Slater

I believe Bitcoin is a very convenient way to shop and to transfer money to any account around the world. Governments should work around a framework for the currency instead of putting restrictions on it. - Ravi Subramanian

We are young; we are naive with money. Money can go fast. If anyone thinks he is something better just because he has more money in the account, then he can very quickly fall on your face. - Granit Xhaka

My parents opened a bank account for me when I was really little, and I think I paid for some of my university education with my savings. I've always been a bit of a saver. - Rachel McAdams

In 25 years of exile, I've never had a frozen account, either in Switzerland or elsewhere in the world. - Jean-Claude Duvalier

No man can add one dollar to his bank account by worrying. - Vash Young

I definitely had an AOL account when I was 14, but I don't remember what my screen name was. - Jillian Bell

I have a Twitter account. I own my name, but I've never tweeted. - Thomas Sadoski


Sharing is Caring: share on facebook buttonshare on twitter button