Acting, All Quotes

100+ Acting Quotes

People all over the world loves plays and has an obsession for actors. If you are having a hard day powerful acting quotes may help you reignite your energy of life. Every time you read them you become inspired and focused. Almost every actor who is now in front of us living a stars life ,has a struggling story behind this statue. They have crossed the hurdles of life and career like a true super hero. They knows the way to be successful in life. The journey they made can be an inspiration for every one. Lets read some quotes from many actors from around the world you may learn what makes an actor tick.

This is a collection of 105 acting quotes and sayings.

Acting is not about being someone different. It's finding the similarity in what is apparently different, then finding myself in there. - Meryl Streep
With modeling, you pose. You want to look your best all the time. With acting, you have to be aware of the camera, but the more you show your imperfections, the better you're going to be. - Diane Kruger
Even as far back as when I started acting at 14, I know I've never considered failure. - Jennifer Lawrence
Acting is really about having the courage to fail in front of people. - Adam Driver
The most important thing in acting is honesty. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - George Burns
When strangers start acting like neighbors... communities are reinvigorated. - Ralph Nader
Comedy is acting out optimism. - Robin Williams
Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting in a particular way. - Aristotle
Acting is how I'll be able to change how Latinos are viewed in media and change how little girls see and talk about themselves. - Gina Rodriguez
The principle of acting in good faith is at the heart of decent work. - Richard Eyre
I like and I love everything that has to do with cinema: writing, directing, editing, creating music, and even acting. - Werner Herzog
There are two main jobs in acting - the first one is to be a good actor, and the second one is to convince everyone that you're a good actor. - Laurence Fox
Acting is like peeling an onion. You have to peel away each layer to reveal another. - Juliette Binoche
Acting is about finding truth and finding the way to convey the truth. - Daveed Diggs
Good acting is good acting, however you learn it. Some people who haven't studied are amazing. Some people like Leonardo DiCaprio are naturally gifted - he's learned technique by working with people early on. - Sam Rockwell
When I'm not acting, I'm usually sailing or camping or exploring or travelling or spending time in New Zealand. - Martin Henderson
A live performance is the same no matter what genre it is. Wrestling, rock 'n roll, hosting, acting - it's the same thing. - Chris Jericho
Acting is like a Halloween mask that you put on. - River Phoenix
Acting is such a crazy industry, but kite boarding keeps me grounded. - Maika Monroe
Acting is everybody's favorite second job. - Jack Nicholson
Acting is really about having the courage to fail in front of people. - Adam Driver
In acting, I always try to go back to what would actually be the real situation, the real human behavior in life. - Robert De Niro
I know very little about acting. I'm just an incredibly gifted faker. - Robert Downey, Jr.
We grew up in abject poverty. Acting, writing scripts and skits were a way of escaping our environment at a very young age. - Viola Davis
The great thing about acting is that you get to be a lot of different things in one lifetime. You get to explore different personalities and characters. - Eva Amurri
I think acting is something that is within you. It's a very natural thing for me. It comes from myself, really. - Saoirse Ronan
The actor cannot afford to look only to his own life for all his material nor pull strictly from his own experience to find his acting choices and feelings. - Stella Adler
Acting isn't something you do. Instead of doing it, it occurs. If you're going to start with logic, you might as well give up. You can have conscious preparation, but you have unconscious results. - Lee Strasberg
Acting is just a way of making a living, the family is life. - Denzel Washington
In order to maintain that fire for acting and capture its essence, you can't let yourself be concerned with what people have to say about you. You just can't. - Kate Winslet
The foundation for film acting is stage acting. - James Lipton
I never did go back to acting class. I was too busy working. - Kirstie Alley
Good acting should teach people to understand rather than judge. - Peter Finch
An acting career usually has about a shelf life of ten years before people get sick of seeing you. It's a good thing to have a job to fall back on and I really do enjoy directing. - George Clooney
I've been planted here to be a vessel for acting... That's why I'm really taking any part, regardless of how complicated it's going to be. - Leonardo DiCaprio
In acting class, you're trained to express yourself as much as you can. - Jesse Eisenberg
Acting is all about honesty. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - George Burns
About 10,000 years ago, males and females were acting equitably and were treating one another as equals, and then males took over the power, because they have physical power and physical strength. - Jane Elliot
Botox should be banned for actors, as steroids are for sportsmen. Acting is all about expression; why would you want to iron out a frown? - Rachel Weisz
I feel that one of the hardest things in acting is the way you need to switch your emotions. - Abhishek Bachchan
I remember my choir teacher in high school told me, 'When in doubt, sing loud.' I'm a terrible singer, but I always auditioned for the musicals, and would get cast in them because I really would just put it all out there. That was really good advice, and I think it works for everything, not just acting. - Judy Greer
I went through this realization that acting, at its heart, is the ability to manipulate your own emotions. - Scarlett Johansson
It's got to do with putting yourself in other people's shoes and seeing how far you can come to truly understand them. I like the empathy that comes from acting. - Christian Bale
The good thing about acting is that it always keeps you on your toes... It's not like any other job where you can go in and do the same thing as yesterday. - Leonardo DiCaprio
I'm curious about other people. That's the essence of my acting. I'm interested in what it would be like to be you. - Meryl Streep
Of course, when I say that human nature is gentleness, it is not 100 percent so. Every human being has that nature, but there are many people acting against their nature, being false. - Dalai Lama
47.I am insecure about tomorrow. Will I get another job? Will it be appreciated? I will pursue acting for as long as I have a face and body that is acceptable to the people, but I still worry that if I don't do better tomorrow, it will all go away. - Amitabh Bachchan
Acting is just a job at the end of the day, and it's a very strange one. - Philip Glenister
Acting is the most personal of our crafts. The make-up of a human being - his physical, mental and emotional habits - influence his acting to a much greater extent than commonly recognized. - Lee Strasberg
I never took an acting class, so I've made all my mistakes on film. - Heath Ledger
Acting is the expression of a neurotic impulse. It's a bum's life. Quitting acting, that's the sign of maturity. - Marlon Brando
You have to believe what you say, and if you believe what you are saying, then acting is easy. - Jean-Claude Van Damme
Acting in 'Star Wars' I felt like a raisin in a giant fruit salad, and I didn't even know who the cantaloupes were. - Mark Hamill
I like going in to different styles of acting and exploring stuff I haven't done before. - Mel Gibson
Acting is always a challenge. - Robert Downey, Jr.
Plastic surgery and breast implants are fine for people who want that, if it makes them feel better about who they are. But, it makes these people, actors especially, fantasy figures for a fantasy world. Acting is about being real being honest. - Kate Winslet
Acting is like driving; you can never forget it, and it's in my blood. - Karisma Kapoor
Acting helped me as I was growing up. It helped me learn about myself, helped me travel, helped me understand life, express myself, all those wonderful things. So I'm very, very grateful; it's a fun job. It's a luxury. - Angelina Jolie
The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it... It's a great outlet. I'm not really sure who I am - it seems I change every day. - Leonardo DiCaprio
I prefer directing to acting. There is huge freedom that comes from being behind the camera. It brings a lot of responsibilities as well but is intensely rewarding. - Angelina Jolie
There is a growing frustration that the EU is seen as something that is done to people rather than acting on their behalf. And this is being intensified by the very solutions required to resolve the economic problems. - David Cameron
It is so common in middle-class families to consider modelling and acting not serious. - Anushka Sharma
Although I started off as a child artist, I left acting in between, as I felt that I was missing the fun of school days. But a little later, I became keen on acting again and started going for auditions. - Fatima Sana Shaikh
When I first started acting, I was just crap. - Heath Ledger
My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don't get it, I can't do it. - Morgan Freeman
Acting never was about the money for me... Maybe in 10 years, I'll be able to appreciate the fact that I am financially stable and independent and I don't have to make bad choices. I can be very picky. - Emma Watson
I love acting but I don't like all of the other stuff associated with it. The interest in celebrities, the press, the Internet, when your identity becomes mixed up in the way people are preceving you. - Nicole Kidman
I had a band before I did standup - I've always done music. I got known for being funny, and that's how I make a living - and from acting - but I never stopped playing and producing and recording music. - Eddie Murphy
My acting range has always been something between the two extremes of 'raises left eyebrow' and 'raises right eyebrow.' - Roger Moore
Acting is something I love. It's a great craft that I have a lot of respect for. But I don't think it's any greater challenge than teaching 8-year-olds or any other career. - Jeffrey Tambor
In my life, I try not to make it more important than it is and I just hope that rubs off on the people around me. - Hugh Jackman
With 'Taxi Driver,' I had this eureka moment. I realized that acting could be much more than what I had been doing. I had to build a character that wasn't me. - Jodie Foster
For my first acting gig, I was a hand model for a Barbie commercial that was only going to air in Asia. And I was constantly trying to get my face in the shot. - Alexandra Daddario
Acting to me is always reacting. - Spencer Tracy
My thinking is lot more different with many actresses in the industry. I don't understand why people in showbiz put their profession of acting in the back seat after marriage. - Kareena Kapoor Khan
Emotions should be real; one shouldn't come across as acting. - Mahesh Babu
I've always wanted to get into acting, ever since I was younger. I'd put on shows for my family and run around play dress-up all the time. I think I was 4 when I told them I wanted to do movies. - Emma Roberts
If you look good, you can act in a Bollywood movie, you don't have to be able to act; and Aishwarya Rai is a great example of this. She is a beautiful woman... You look at her, I want to look at her. Damn, she is fine; but stop acting or stop trying to act. - Russell Peters
If someone pulls me down, I pull them down, as I don't feel I should live my life in the way other people want me to. If they have a problem with my films, I can rip off their films, be it comedy or their family dramas, which are low on content and have over-theatrical acting. - Emraan Hashmi
Acting and singing are actually very similar because they're both telling a story. - Jackie Evancho
I was never hungry for this kind of attention; it was the love of performing that got me interested in acting. - Ranveer Singh
My first professional acting job was on 'Boss'. My first acting job was basically my first acting class. I had to show up on set prepared and knowing my lines. Also, I got a chance to work with a living legend, Kelsey Grammar - that gave me hands on experience. - Rotimi
One should not evoke violence by acting fearful. - Theo Van Gogh
It stands to the everlasting credit of science that by acting on the human mind it has overcome man's insecurity before himself and before nature. - Albert Einstein
My own dreams fortunately came true in this great state. I became Mr. Universe; I became a successful businessman. And even though some people say I still speak with a slight accent, I have reached the top of the acting profession. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
I have a lot of great distractions outside of acting. - Heath Ledger
Don't think for a moment that I'm really like any of the characters I've played. I'm not. That's why it's called 'acting'. - Leonardo DiCaprio
I want to be uncomfortable - acting is uncomfortable. - Lupita Nyong'o
Acting is the most wildly overpaid position imaginable. - Robert Downey, Jr.
I'm the artist when I'm doing music that I am when I'm acting. I'm everything. - Eddie Murphy
Acting is always at the core of my life, but I'm also excited about producing. I'm excited about directing, and I have a life in the filmmaking world, and so I want to explore all aspects of it, not just the acting, but acting is the root. - Nicolas Cage
'The Bank Job,' for me, was a great opportunity for me to do some good acting, you know? - Jason Statham
Acting is an art form and you want to take roles that are challenged and it's more of a challenge I think to play dark characters. Not that I want to always play those, but it is a challenge and challenges are rewarding and fun. - James Franco
As an adult and a parent, when I'm not acting, I'm not acting. I'm being a parent, and I'm on the school run, and I'm sewing labels onto socks. That's what I'm doing. - Kate Winslet
Zhang is a friend of mine: he said forget about acting and just do normal things in the movie. - Jet Li
Acting is my life. It's what I live and breathe. - Ruby Rose
I really enjoy singing and I really enjoy acting, but singing I've been doing since I was really young. - Lindsay Lohan
Comedy's my first love. I love that so much. You play comedy in drama, too. The difference between genres doesn't really change the method of acting. - Emma Stone
I did theatre when I was nine, I think. Nine and ten, and that was just the beginning of my whole involvement in acting, my whole interest. I don't really remember it that well. But it was really fun. I mean, it was exciting just to be on stage in front of an audience. It gives you a different kind of rush. - Amanda Seyfried
We don't have a culture of realistic acting in India. - Irrfan Khan
I've done 480-odd films, have my own acting school, won awards, etc. and now host a successful TV chat show - what else can I ask for? Yes, of course, every journey has its ups and downs, but that's part of life. - Anupam Kher
The art of acting consists in keeping people from coughing. - Benjamin Franklin
Most of my confidence came from being with ladies, because I certainly wasn't getting any acting jobs. - Vin Diesel
With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise, it’s just not acting. It’s lying. - Johnny Depp
Please share this collection of quotes and sayings on acting.

More Quotes & Sayings For You:

George Eliot Quotes and Sayings
Audrey Hepburn Quotes and Sayings
Key Quotes and Sayings
John Lennon Quotes and Sayings
Sharing is Caring: share on facebook buttonshare on twitter button