All Quotes, Being Alone

80+ Being Alone Quotes

Being alone is when no one is with you. And you even can feel alone when there is a lot of people around you. Its a mental condition that may hurt us.It can be a source of inspiration too. It sometimes gets so terrible that it may eat you from inside someday.Sometimes we need to express the feeling of being alone. This being alone quotes and sayings can help you express your feelings and sorrows .When everything is lonely you can be your best friend.To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.



1. I'm learning a lot about myself being alone, and doing what I'm doing. -Chantal Kreviazuk
2. The time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. -Douglas Coupland
3. The best part about being alone is that you really don't have to answer to anybody. You do what you want. -Justin Timberlake
4. Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone. -Paul Tillich
5. Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone. -Anthony Burgess
6. The eternal quest of the individual human being is to shatter his loneliness. -Norman Cousins
7. To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude. -Jeanne Moreau
8. Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self. -May Sarton
9. What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be. -Ellen Burstyn
10. Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies. Elizabeth Bowen
11. Being alone is very difficult. -Yoko Ono
12. Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies. -Elizabeth Bowen
13. I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone. ― Audrey Hepburn
14. I secretly enjoy being alone - hiking alone, skiing alone, walking along the beach alone, going to movies alone. Do not get me wrong, I like sharing my life with other people, but sometimes I really enjoy being as alone as possible. -Josh Zuckerman
15. There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone. -Sylvester Stallone
16. A man can be himself only so long as he is alone, and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom, for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. -Arthur Schopenhauer
17. Don't go away. I don't want to be alone. I can't stand being alone. -Arnold Rothstein
18. Language... has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone. -Paul Tillich
19. The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be. -Anne Frank
20. Who knows what true loneliness is - not the conventional word but the naked terror? To the lonely themselves it wears a mask. The most miserable outcast hugs some memory or some illusion. -Joseph Conrad
21. I have so many different personalities in me and I still feel lonely. -Tori Amos
22. Freedom of being alone is intoxicating. -Kangana Ranaut
23. I finally faced the fact that it isn't a crime not having friends. Being alone means you have fewer problems. -Whitney Houston
24. Nothing makes us so lonely as our secrets. -Paul Tournier
25. As I get older I'm more and more comfortable being alone. -Sienna Miller
26. Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying. -Martin Luther
27. The lonely become either thoughtful or empty. -Mason Cooley
28. I'm fiercely independent, but I'm also terrified of being alone. -Adam Levine
29. To live alone is the fate of all great souls. -Arthur Schopenhauer
30. Loneliness is such an omnipotent and painful threat to many persons that they have little conception of the positive values of solitude and even, at times, are frightened at the prospect of being alone. -Rollo May
31. I'm calculating, self-sufficient, reserved, and I enjoy being alone. -Melissa Sue Anderson
32. Solitude vivifies; isolation kills. -Joseph Roux
33. With fools, there is no companionship. Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone. Buddha
34. Some people can't stand being alone. I love solitude and silence. But when I come out of it, I'm a regular talking machine. It's all or nothing for me. -Celine Dion
35. I remember being alone a lot as a child, and I still love to be alone. -Cindy Williams
36. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. -Wayne Dyer
37. Nothing else so destroys the power to stand alone as the habit of leaning upon others. If you lean, you will never be strong or original. Stand alone or bury your ambition to be somebody in the world. -Orison Swett Marden
38. When I write, I lose time. I'm happy in a way that I have a hard time finding in real life. The intimacy between my brain and my fingers and my computer... Yet knowing that that intimacy will find an audience... It's very satisfying. It's like having the safety of being alone with the ego reward of being known. -Jill Soloway
39. Our language has wisely sensed the two sides of being alone. It has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word solitude to express the glory of being alone. -Paul Tillich
40. The strong man is strongest when alone. -Friedrich Schiller
41. Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your won presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement. -Alice Koller
42. Now that I'm older, I have a much better appreciation of nature, and I love being alone. -Gia Coppola
43. People used what they called a telephone because they hated being close together and they were scared of being alone. -Chuck Palahniuk
44. It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely. -Albert Einstein
45. Living alone makes it harder to find someone to blame. -Mason Cooley
46. Living alone makes it harder to find someone to blame. Mason Cooley
47. Getting through the nights is the toughest part. Being alone. Not having her there to talk to. Stuart Appleby
48. All men's misfortunes spring from their hatred of being alone. -Jean de la Bruyere
49. So many people in the world would rather stay in a situation that's painful but familiar because they're comfortable with it.
50. Your life is yours and yours alone. Rise up and live it. -Terry Goodkind
51. I actually like being alone. I spend most evenings reading and taking long baths. -Shonda Rhimes
52. I actually like spending time alone - it doesn't bother me at all. -Jacob Whitesides
53. By all means use some time to be alone. -Edward Young
54. He travels the fastest who travels alone. -Rudyard Kipling
55. If you go long enough without a bath, even the fleas will leave you alone. -Ernie Pyle
56. I have three phobias which, could I mute them, would make my life as slick as a sonnet, but as dull as ditch water: I hate to go to bed, I hate to get up, and I hate to be alone. -Tallulah Bankhead
57. No dream is ever chased alone. -Rahul Dravid
58. It's an amazing feeling to go into a studio and really be alone. -Joaquin Phoenix
59. If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone. -Maxwell Maltz
60. Mass transportation is doomed to failure in North America because a person's car is the only place where he can be alone and think. -Marshall McLuhan
61. When thinking about companions gone, we feel ourselves doubly alone. -Walter Scott
62. Weird people follow you in the streets, you can't sit alone in a restaurant or a cafe and read a book in peace, and I think everybody values those moments of being alone. -Winona Ryder
63. Besides individual things like thunder and gunshots, what dogs fear most is not belonging, being alone. -Elizabeth Marshall Thomas
64. I had a fear of being alone. -Gloria Gaynor
65. I don't like being alone. -Cristiano Ronaldo
67. Not a lot of people have the strength or heart to realize when something's not good for them and to turn around and be alone. -Corey Taylor
68. Marvin's Motivational Moments actually started as something that was actually therapeutic for me. I would sit up late at night after my wife passed trying to adjust to being alone. -Marvin Sapp
69. I was an only child with a lot of time to kill. I suspect a lot of writers are only children, or only children become writers because it's a way of being alone. -Christopher Buckley
70. To film with our family is awesome - you have to hang out with each other, and I love that because I hate being alone. -Nikki Bella
71. All of our unhappiness comes from our inability to be alone. -Jean de la Bruyere
72. As a child, I was a brat, and my parents didn't know how to control me. So they told me ghost stories, which stayed with me. I am still petrified of darkness and being alone. -Bipasha Basu
73. And I find - I'm 63, and my capacity to be by myself and just spend time by myself hasn't diminished any. That's the necessary part of being a writer, you better like being alone. -John Irving
74. I think the greatest amount of pressure is the pressure I place on myself. So in a way I chose to be alone. -Cathy Freeman
75. This is nourishing, redemptive; we become less alone inside. -David Foster Wallace
76. I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone. -Robin Williams
77. If you are afraid of being lonely, don't try to be right. -Jules Renard
78. In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.- Rollo May
79. Sometimes, being different feels a lot like being alone. But with that being said, being true to that and being true to my standards and my way of doing things in my art and my music, everything that has made me feel very different... in the end, it has made me the happiest. -Lindsey Stirling
80. I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone. -Lord Byron
81. When I write, I lose time. I'm happy in a way that I have a hard time finding in real life. The intimacy between my brain and my fingers and my computer... Yet knowing that that intimacy will find an audience... It's very satisfying. It's like having the safety of being alone with the ego reward of being known. -Jill Soloway
82. I hate being alone, even for 10 minutes. -Clare Balding
83. Autobiography begins with a sense of being alone. It is an orphan form. -John Berger
84. When everything is lonely I can be my best friend. Conor Oberst
Please share this collection of Being Alone Quotes.
Sharing is Caring: share on facebook buttonshare on twitter button