All Quotes, David Bowie

30+ Inspirational Quotes By Rock and Roll Hall of Famer David Bowie

David Bowie was an English singer-songwriter and actor. He was a leading figure in the music industry and is considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. Born in Brixton, South London, Bowie developed an interest in music as a child, eventually studying art, music, and design before embarking on a professional career as a musician in 1963. This is a collection of 30+ David Bowie quotes and sayings.

Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming. - David Bowie
Sometimes you stumble across a few chords that put you in a reflective place. - David Bowie
As you get older, the questions come down to about two or three. How long? And what do I do with the time I've got left? - David Bowie
The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time. - David Bowie
When you think about it, Adolf Hitler was the first pop star. - David Bowie
I find only freedom in the realms of eccentricity. - David Bowie
Turn and face the strange changes. - David Bowie
Art was, seriously, the only thing I'd ever wanted to own. It has always been for me a stable nourishment. I use it. It can change the way that I feel in the mornings. - David Bowie
I don't see any boundaries between any of the art forms. I think they all inter-relate completely. - David Bowie
All art really does is keep you focused on questions of humanity, and it really is about how do we get on with our maker. - David Bowie
I've never responded well to entrenched negative thinking. - David Bowie
Fame itself... doesn't really afford you anything more than a good seat in a restaurant. - David Bowie
Gentleness clears the soul. Love cleans the mind. And makes it Free. - David Bowie
Fame can take interesting men and thrust mediocrity upon them. - David Bowie
Age doesn't bother me. So many of my heroes were older guys. It's the lack of years left that weighs far heavier on me than the age that I am. - David Bowie
Pixies and Sonic Youth were so important to the eighties. - David Bowie
I don't crave applause. I'm not one of those guys who comes alive on stage. I'm much more alive at home, I think. - David Bowie
Strangely, some songs you really don't want to write. - David Bowie
It's always time to question what has become standard and established. - David Bowie
Songs don't have to be about going out on Saturday night and having a good rink-up and driving home and crashing cars. A lot of what I've done is about alienation... about where you fit in society. - David Bowie
It is amazing how a new child can refocus one's direction seconds after its birth. - David Bowie
I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music. - David Bowie
To not be modest about it, you'll find that with only a couple of exceptions, most of the musicians that I've worked with have done their best work by far with me. - David Bowie
Nearly all the synth work on Heathen is mine and some of the piano. - David Bowie
It's amazing: I am a New Yorker. It's strange; I never thought I would be. - David Bowie
All Montreal bands have around nine members, I believe. - David Bowie
I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring. - David Bowie
The truth is, of course, that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time. - David Bowie
I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. - David Bowie
Confront a corpse at least once. The absolute absence of life is the most disturbing and challenging confrontation you will ever have. - David Bowie
Please share this collection of David Bowie Quotes.
Sharing is Caring: share on facebook buttonshare on twitter button